Monday, October 17, 2016

20th century kid

Wow!! Today is day 4 in Israel. Last evening, 6 adults & 3 boys under 3 years, went to the Western Wall. With the start of the Feast of Sukkot, which begins with a High Holy Day, there were many families already there. My first visit there, and my oh my! THIS is the West wall to THE Temple mount!! You know, The Temple where Yeshua taught His disciples, where HE ran out the money changers, where HE taught the elders at age 13! All that remains, is this wall of the west side of the mount.
Growing up on the west coast of the United States, i have never seen buildings very old, and certainly, not centuries old like here. I wish these rock walls could talk. I would sit all day to hear the stories of what they have witnessed. I suppose that must have been how the disciples felt about Yeshua, they would sit all day listening to him talk, teach, instruct and pray.
Walking thru the 'old city', realizing HOW OLD this place is, is...............mind numbing. I can't get my brain around it! I'm a 20th century kid, in a 1st century, no, even BEFORE YESHUA's time, place. I am BLESSED beyond words, that Father invited ME to come to HIS chosen land to celebrate the Feast of Sukkot.

1 comment: